Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you deal with being cheated on?

My now ex boyfriend and I had been together since last year. We took a break at the beginning of this year for a couple of months, but we got back together and had been together for the better half of the last 6 months. I found out that he was cheating on me a few days ago. I just asked him a question and after a long silence, he came out with it. We've decided to end our relationship, but I can't get past thinking about what he had done. I can't sleep, no matter how tired I am, because images of him and this other girl keep popping into my head. How do you move past such a betrayal?How do you deal with being cheated on?
Dear Beth.





I've been there. I know how it feels like. And I feel your pain.





Always remember that a woman's love is one of the most precious things that you can give a person. When he cheated on you, he broke that love and clearly you don't deserve someone like him.





Despite saying that, you have 2 choices:





1. Either you give him a second chance and continue with the relationship, or


2. End the relationship and walk away.





In your case you've already chosen option 2. As difficult as it may be, try doing the following:





1. Put pictures, CDs, cards, gifts and everything else that reminds you of him in box. Seal the box and keep it away.





2. Delete his phone number from your phone and remove him as your speed dial.





3. Allow yourself one day to think about him. Just one day. Cry if you have to and then sleep over it.





4. Wake up the next morning, saying to yourself that “today is the first day of the rest of my life”.





5. Believe and know in your heart that the next person you fall in love with will be better, that he would make you happier and that only good things can come your way.





6. Last but no least, forgive him.





Time is your greatest healer and believe me when I say that the next person you meet will love you and treat you better. Stay positive and look forward in meeting that someone special.How do you deal with being cheated on?
If you want him, forgive him. If not, let it go and move on. Life is a journey we all make and we chose the roads we walk on, sometimes we take a wrong turn and it leads to hurt, problems etc. But if those who care about us really care and love us they will forgive and we both can move on together.





Its up to you and him to if you want it to work or not now.


Good luck and remember , forgiveness is the key.
The best thing to do is to just move on and try not to think about it as much. You just need to think positive and look forward to meeting that one guy who is going to treat you 100x better than he did. At least he was honest with you about it and didn't try to cover it up and deny it, which would have resulted in more hurt for you. It's better to find out sooner than later. Just keep positive and confident and that new guy will come along sooner or later!
I read a lot to distract myself....read until I fall sleep...sleep won't come is normal to go through....give it 72 hours...if not 21 days. 21 days is how long it takes a chick to hatch from an egg...i mean to get over a habit

No comments:

Post a Comment