Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I think my dad is cheating on my mom?

I am 20 and my parents have been married for 25 years. For the most part, my parents seemed decently happy, but there were a few things I noticed. My mom has been acting bitter towards my dad for about five years. My dad wears a lot of aftershave and smell good stuff. I thought these were kind of weird, but brushed it off. Then the other night I walked outside my house at 1 in the morning to let my dog out, and my dad was outside on the phone with someone, saying ';Okay baby';. I am his only daughter and my mom was inside asleep.. so I don't know who else he would be calling baby. Then a few mornings later, I heard my mother talking to my grandmother about how my dad accused her of cheating. I read that it is common for people to feel guilty for cheating and deal with those feelings by accusing their spouse of cheating. Am I jumping to conclusions? What should I do? I always had hope in marriage because of my parents.. now they just seem like another statistic.I think my dad is cheating on my mom?
thats hard! i'm sorry you are in this position. if it were me, i would tell my father i heard him, see what he says. most likely if he doesn't admit to it, he will be lying, because thats just clear his ';baby'; was not ur mama...so yea.I think my dad is cheating on my mom?
You should just stay out of it, It is pretty clear that your mom knows what is going on.


I am sure one day she will open up to you about it but until then just keep it to yourself.


Now, if there was no chance your mom knew about this then I would say tell her what you had heard but being bitter with someone for five years, there is a reason for it so I am sure she knows what your dad has been up to.
I think you should tell your dad that you know and talk to your mom.... But dont do like that 1 person said and hate your dad for cheating.... You have every right to be upset but dont hate your dad for it.... He's human and humans are supposed to make mistakes because NOBODYS perfect!!! Anyway.... listen to your dads excuses and like I said... just be there for your mom. And if need be---- your dad too.... sit them both down and talk to them together but I can say--- It doesnt look promising...
Maybe you should talk to him about it. I think that a father and daughter connection is very strong and that you will be able to get an answer or a least read the truth on his face. Maybe then it will be able to be dealt with if that is what's going on.
s.h.i.t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


honey i think your right


but there is no way to find out


because you might damage things even more


they might fight and not trust each other and things could get ugly


Im not sure what you should u do


since there is not alot of prove


just keep your eyes open


because if you do chat with your dad he is just going to make some S.H.I.T up so keep your eyes open


Good luck and God Bless


and lets just hope ur wrong



If you dont have actual proof that your dad is cheating then you shouldn't do anything..





If he is cheating it will eventually come out and when it does be there for your mom cause she will need your love and support.
It sounds like he is cheating...maybe you should talk to your mom about it, but bring it up casually and try to say it lightly. I hope everything works out!
my parents cheated on each other, my sister found out. Confront your dad and tell him you are going to tell your mom everything and see what he says.
Your dad is up to no good ..been there and the signs are


there , you know he is cheating. You just just don't know


how to tell your mom,
Tell your Dad if he cheats on your Mom you won't ever talk to him again.


He'll stop cheating.
Ask your dad in front of your Mom.
I feel you are right and your mom proably already knows. Ask your dad what he was doing.
For one, forget the statistics. There are statistics for everything, and we all fall into one or more categories and believe me, life would seem hopeless if we follow what statistics say. Marriage needs maintance and hard work. And when a marriage falls apart, the only ones to blame are the ones in it. Usually couples forget that they need this maintance in their marriage, that they need to talk things over and bring the sparks into their relationship to keep it up. It麓s hard, because eays is not. Marriage is complicated and just imagine trying to keep your spouse happy and comfortable and complimented for years and years plus being with that same person for years and years. Not easy!


But going back to your parents and what you believe is happening, I would just ask! Hopefully they麓ll give you an honest answer and decide to be honest with each other and decide what to do, or talk things over if there needs to. But that麓s about all you can do and just wait to see what happens.


It will be very hard if something is really going on, and if what you suspect is true, but instead of blaming them and the statistics of another failed marriage, ask them separetly and together how this happened, and what do they think happened to ruin it for them after 25 years so you learn from those mistakes. Usually the children instead of wanting to learn from their parents mistakes, decide to believe marriage doesn麓t work and believe what happened to their parents is what happens in marriages and it麓s the wrong thinking. There are many couples divorcing right now, yes! But there are hundreds celebrating many anniversaries so it麓s about getting good out of something bad.



When you study marriages that have lasted 20 years or more; a large percentage of them have had at least one person in the couple ';cheat';. Most often, the other spouse never found out about the situation. Its something more common than people imagine and it only has to break up a relationship if the couple decides to let it.





People are just that: people. Not perfect beings who never screw up. Unfortunate but true.





I don't think its your place to do anything except love your parents and let them work out their own relationship on their terms. You have no idea that your mom doesn't know. Your image of your parents is certainly not the same as who they are ';behind closed doors';.





But if you insist on doing something; then maybe you should talk to your mom and tell her what you overheard. At that point it would be her right to decide to do whatever SHE chooses with that information: including ignoring it.





My best piece of advice is this: despite how difficult it is to do, just don't judge. Both your dad and your mom have their reasons for their choices and they don't necessarily owe it to you to tell you';why';. Hard lump of coal to swallow... but they are people outside of being your parents.





Good luck
  • credit card offers
  • adult myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment