Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Married women - cheating?

I am just curious about the general consensus here. I have been with my husband for 6 and a half years. I truly believe that he would never cheat on me, but before I decided to marry him, I thought a lot about what I would do if he ever did. Because of how I feel for him, I know I would be able to get past it if he was willing to work things out. It would certainly take time, but I would want to.





So, I am curious to see what others think - Is cheating a deal breaker, or do you think it's something that you could get past with time?Married women - cheating?
For Better or Worse is what You Vowed Too isnt ItMarried women - cheating?
It depends. If he has only cheated once and is honest about it with me when it happens, I would stay and try to work it out. Of course it would take me probably years to trust him completely again and years of marriage counseling, but I known couples who have stuck out infidelity and it made their marriage stronger.





However if it's habitual or continual and my husband lies constantly about it, then that is a deal breaker for me. At that point, I would know I deserve better than that. Every woman deserves to have a man who devotes his entire heart, mind and body to her. I suppose I'm one of those lucky women because I have a man who has devoted every aspect of his body, mind and heart to me.
As I sit here now, I think it would be a deal breaker. But then again, I'm not in that situation. Actually going thru with a divorce and losing everything... I'm not so sure. I guess it depends alot on how he feels and why he did it. If there was absolutely nothing I could do to save it and there was absolutely no way he would stop cheating on me, then I would have to say I would leave. Its too dangerous to be involved in a love triangle. If it was a one time thing and he will NEVER do it again, then perhaps I can forgive.
Personally I think it would take a lot to break me from my husband. If he is willing to work it out, I am willing to forgive and move on. The love I have for him outweighs nearly anything, and he says the same for me.





I like one answerer... For better or for worse. Right on!
Depends entirely on the situation. If it was a booty call - not a big deal; if he cared about the person as much or more than he cared about me - it would be a problem, and would probably lead to us splitting up.
Worry about it if and when it ever happens. And if it does only you'll know the answer anyway. Go get married and be happy quit worrying about the glass being half empty when it's half full.
Cheating hasn't been a deal breaker so far and now that I am also invovled in a little ';wanton extra marital intercourse'; (cheating has such negative connotations) I realise how silly it is that we place such a high emphasis on monogamy.
I had a mistress long ago she was married and after we broke up she did try to put her marriage back together but it never happened. I think that it depends on the couple
Deal breaker for me. While yes, I love my husband with everything in me, if he cheated, he would hurt me beyond repair.
i cheated once in 45 years -30 years ago and would never never again the guilt was too much
i could never stay with my husband if he cheated on me...i couldnt look at him the same..
i could get past it.
While cheating *can* be a deal breaker it doesn't have to be. It all depends on whether both parties are willing to do what's necessary to save the marriage. Counselling, both individual and marriage can help tremendously as well as the one who strayed doing a LOT of soul searching to find out why it happened. Unfortunately I speak from experience on this and it took a lot of deception, both to my husband and myself before I finally realized why I'd so completely screwed up but fortunately I have a husband who was willing to work through all this with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment