Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you deal with a cheating sister?

I walked in on my now ex, and my sister sleeping together. I walked away, and stopped talking to her, two years ago. I can't find it inside to talk to her or look at her with out really wanting to scream... They just got engaged. My mother wants me to attend the wedding. She thiks I should put it away and be there. I don't think this is a good idea. I am not saying I would cause a fight, but I can't sit there and watch her make vows to the same man I did. I don't feel it is beacuse of who he is, but of what she did. I don't feel much at all for the lost of him. I can't stand the betrayl from her. what do I do?How do you deal with a cheating sister?
I'm sure your mother means well, but she doesn't understand the hurt and pain that you are going through. It's easy for her to say ';Put it away'; because she's not the one who was betrayed.





Whether or not to attend the wedding should be entirely your choice. Don't let anyone else guilt you into going. If you are still working through the hurt, you have to do what's right for you. Everyone has the right to set and maintain their own boundaries and to work through their pain on their own schedule.





Do what you know is right in your heart, and don't let anyone else make you feel bad about it. You don't owe an explanation or justification, either. Stick to something simple: ';I just don't feel ready to do that'; should suffice.





Hopefully someday you'll be able to work through this and have a relationship with your sister. But that's something that cannot be rushed, and no one else has the right to push you.





Dr. Barb Nefer, http://www.bnlifeskills.comHow do you deal with a cheating sister?
where there is not much... accept the idea... you cannot hate your sister...





i have different problems with my sister too... but i cannot call her stupid or crazy... i just told her that anytime could come 2 me.. but don't cry in my face after the things she done and i strongly told her don;t to...
I don't know what kind of relationship you had with your sis before this, but I wouldn't go to that wedding unless you wanted to and I would try to forgive her but don't knock yourself out trying. Time helps alot, but you also have alot to get over! She should be making the 1st step to try to repair your relationship.
Ouch! That would be so hard. I say, ';Be true to yourself.'; Your now ex and your sister have already stolen enough from you. Until you are ready, continue to take care of yourself.





Has either of them asked for your forgiveness? Have either one of them tried to heal the broken relationship?





The bottom line is that FOR YOU, you will want to get to the place where you can forgive them. Until you do, they and the event will have control over you. But forgiving does not mean that you accept what they did, nor does it mean that you have to regain relationships with them. It can be totally private between you and you. But it is the right thing to do for you.
I cant say i know how u feel but im sure it aint the best feeling in the world. Its been two years and ur still steaming over it. I dont think u should forgive her cuz it was wrong and immoral. As far as the wedding goes,i sure wouldnt be there as it would make u want to do something drastic which would be outta ur control.

No comments:

Post a Comment